Tuesday, October 18, 2011

But I don't have Photoshop... Not an excuse anymore.

(Attribute this post to boredom and a necessity to discover things I don't need  .)
     While doing my early morning surfing which usually is a standard E-Mail, Facebook, Huffington Post mish-mosh of diversion while I have my first cup of coffee, I fell into the whirlpool of what I call Web-Nosis. [Web-Nosis] : the act of traveling unconsciously from one page to another via links in what was going to be a fully read article.
     During this particular day I stumbled upon something that I am surprised to find out has been around since 2008.  
Photoshop Express . This is, described in Wikipedia, as a
      'Flash-based image editing web application from Adobe used to directly edit photos on blogs and social networking sites, so that users do not have to download or upload images' .
In short, it is an online working Photoshop program. Granted it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that I am used to but if you're looking to make that point and shoot picture pop, then this is perfect.
When you sign up for a free account you get:
  • 2GB of free storage
  • Online tools to edit, create, and share
  • A personal gallery and profile page
  • Slideshow templates and creations
  • Video storage and streaming
I loaded a picture into the beta myself and can say, if you're looking for something quick, free and PRODUCTIVE then you have Photoshop at your disposal.

No comments: